Full Plans Applications
A Full Plans Application may be submitted for any building work but must be submitted for works which are, or are intended to be, designated under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 i.e. shops, offices, factories, hotels, flats.
This type of application allows for your plans to be checked by a Building Control Surveyor for compliance with the Building Regulations and provides a set of approved plans for the builder to work to. It also helps to provide greater certainty of the final building costs.
Other advantages of making a Full Plans Application is that staff can advise on:
- Design and layout.
- Structural design and local ground conditions.
- Fire safety and engineering.
- Energy conservation and sound transmission.
- Access and facilities for people with disabilities.
- Liaison with other Council departments and external bodies.
A Full Plans Application should be accompanied by:
- One copy of detailed drawings of the proposed building work, or four copies for buildings covered by fire safety legislation. The plans should be drawn to scale of not less than 1:100.
- One copy of a site or location plan drawn to scale of not less than 1:1250 which shows the proposal and site boundaries.
- One copy of any specification which accompanies the drawings.
- One copy of a fire plan showing: fire resistance; compartmentation; fire detection and alarms, emergency lighting, means of escape and signage.
- One copy of structural design and calculations.
- The completed Full Plans Application form, estimate of cost of work and the appropriate charge.
Unlike a Building Notice Application, a Full Plans Application is checked in detail and a formal decision notice issued.
You can submit a full plans application through our online submission form, or a downloadable version of the Full Plans form and current Schedule of Fees can be found HERE.
NOTE: Charge information
Schedule 1: for multiple developments please contact the Head of Building Control as discounts may be applicable.
Schedule 3: for developments in excess of £50,000 please contact the main office on 01347 822703 or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org.