Building Excellence Awards
Each year the Partnership holds its Building Excellence Awards for the North and East Yorkshire area, which recognises imaginative design and quality workmanship. It is intended that the Awards will look at the overall construction package from design concept through to completion of the development.
The geographical areas covered are City of York Council, Craven District Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Harrogate Borough Council and the North Yorkshire Building Control Partnership areas.
As such, we are currently seeking nominations for all types of development, if you could please let us know of any projects that you feel are worthy of this accolade. Once we have received all suggestions, we will place them into the relevant headings. The Awards are divided into a number of categories so that all types of development are eligible for nomination. The 2018 categories are as follows:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing home
- Best refurbishment or extension of a Listed Building - only at Regional level
- Best local builder or traditional craftsmanship
- Best change of use of an existing building or conversion
- Best individual new home
- Best small new housing development (10 units or less)
- Best high volume new housing development (over 10 units)
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service building
- Best educational building
- Best small commercial building
- Best large commercial building
- Best inclusive building
- Best partnership with a local authority building control team
- LABC site agent of the year
- Supreme Award – chosen from the winners of the previous categories
The only requirements are that the development must have been overseen by Local Authority Building Control, and have been completed at least 1 year prior to the event. This allows the building to weather and landscaping to mature before judging takes place.
Anyone can nominate a development after it has been completed and we will hold the application over until the appropriate judging year.
APPLICATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME, with the closing date for the 2018 Awards set as Friday 30 March 2018, with the Awards Ceremony being held in June 2018. The downloadable application form is available HERE.
All submissions are to be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Easingwold address on the right, with accompanying JPEG images saved to CD. Paper copies of images will not be accepted.