Building Excellence Awards
Each year the Partnership holds it's Building Excellence Awards for the North and East Yorkshire area, which recognises imaginative design and quality workmanship. It is intended that the Awards will look at the overall construction package from design concept through to completion of the development.
The geographical areas covered are City of York Council, Craven District Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Harrogate Borough Council and the North Yorkshire Building Control Partnership areas.
As such, we are currently seeking nominations for all types of development, if you could please let us know of any projects that you feel are worthy of this accolade. Once we have received all suggestions, we will place them into the relevant headings. The Awards are divided into a number of categories so that all types of development are eligible for nomination. The 2020 categories are as follows:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing home
- Best refurbishment or extension of a Listed Building - only at Regional level
- Best local builder or traditional craftsperson
- Best change of use of an existing building
- Best individual new home
- Best new housing development (two categories, small and large, to be divided at the judging)
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service or educational building
- Best commercial project (two categories, small and large, to be divided at the judging)
- LABC Construction Professional of the year
- Best Partnership with a local authority building control team
The only requirements are that the development must have been overseen by Local Authority Building Control, and have been completed at least 1 year prior to the event. This allows the building to weather and landscaping to mature before judging takes place.
Anyone can nominate a development after it has been completed and we will hold the application over until the appropriate judging year.
APPLICATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME, with the closing date for the 2020 Awards set as Friday 27 March 2020, with the Awards Ceremony being held on Friday 5 June 2020. The downloadable application form is available HERE.
All submissions are to be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Easingwold address on the right, with accompanying JPEG images saved to CD. Paper copies of images will not be accepted.